The natural way to relieve the stresses and strains of pregnancy
Taking time for yourself during pregnancy can be uplifting emotionally. The soothing essence of massage allows pregnant mums to unwind and feel serene, healthy, and comforted during a period of added physical and emotional stress.
Bringing a new life into the world is a joyous, challenging and miraculous experience! However, a mother may feel worried, anxious or stresses as her body undergoes many changes in the process. These changes can cause discomfort – massage is a prefect way to reduce stress and promote and provide well-being.
What is Pregnancy Massage?
Massage in pregnancy is a very gentle type of body work therapy designed specifically for the requirement of a pregnant woman. By employing specifically developed techniques, discomfort related to pregnancy can be helped and eased. Massage during pregnancy can help contribute towards the emotional physiological well-being of both mother and fetus. It can help condition both the body and emotion during the prenatal stage, relieves both pain and tension during labour and helps ensure rapid postnatal recovery.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
Massage at this time offers a wide range of benefits for both mother and baby, which includes the following:
• Ease backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches
• Decrease pain in the pelvic /hip area
• Improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
• Improve digestive disorder
• Improve relieve muscle spasms and pain
• Help reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs
• Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
• Promotes relaxation and deep breathing relaxing the body and mind
• Helps to stabilize hormone levels by reducing stress, tension and anxiety levels.
Things you need to know about your massage
Before your massage I will take a detailed history of your general well- being and pregnancy as this gives me an insight into any area of your body that may need particular attention and it gives you a chance to ask question. All information is kept strictly in confidence. Your massage takes place in the comfort of your home and has several benefits, these include:
• Enhanced relaxation in your own environment
• No need to travel after your treatment
• Longer lasting and more enjoyable benefits
Also available are home visits Monday to Friday between the hours of 10.00am – 2.00pm.
Your massage lasts for 1 hour and cost £40.00
Who will perform my massage?
MSc, BSc(Hons), ITEC, Chta. Registered Midwife.
Nalini has been a practising midwife within the NHS for 15 years. She is also a qualified holistic massage therapist specialising in pregnancy and post natal massage. Her emphasis on pregnancy massage stems from being a practising qualified midwife. She is also a mum to a young man of 7yrs and a 5yr old young lady. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in helping make your pregnancy as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
For further details and to book your appointment call 07914 201331